Plants of Southern Ontario
Southern Ontario features some of the most diverse landscapes in the country and includes unique ecological regions.
This field guide covers the Greater Ontario Area and cottage country north to Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury and North Bay, from Windsor to Ottawa, as well as the Bruce Trail from Niagara Falls to Tobermory, Frontenac-Rideau Lakes, Point Pelee National Park, Manitoulin Island and Algonquin Provincial Park:
- 760 species in 138 plant families
- trees, shrubs and vines, wildflowers, grasses, rushes, sedges and ferns
- extraordinarily beautiful photographs
- common and scientific names
- clear, concise text that helps with plant identification
- intriguing notes providing information about habitat, ecology, similar species, edibility, traditional uses and origins of plant names.